Friday, May 1, 2015

Reflection piece

It's been quite a week....
Grace and I have been working so hard to the point where I fall asleep every night at my dining room table in a pile of homework that still needs to be done. The St. Jude representatives from Michigan were pushing us to get more people to sign up and we were trying our very best. They supported us a very great amount and I can't be any more thankful for them, as I enjoyed working with them as well. There is simply not enough time to have our event ready in two weeks. The forms that we have been trying so hard to get have not been fully approved yet and  the school suggested that we wait until next school year to have this event. Grace and I agreed that this would be the best solution. We decided to look to the positive side of being able to plan an even greater event and more successful one next year. Grace and I were very sad to realize that our event we worked so hard to achieve, won't happen. However, I am very determined that this will happen for sure next year and I can't wait. I have to admit that what made this project so stressful, was the way I was treated by teachers. Going through this project, I now realize that I was doing everything I could to make this project happen. It seemed to me that every day, Grace and I did something wrong and that's not okay. Now I look back and realize that I was doing the right thing and I let others convince me that I wasn't working to my hardest potential. It made me think everyday, What am I doing wrong? Am I really not working hard enough? I can tell you right now that I was working hard enough. There were many misunderstandings throughout this project and it all got bottled up in my head until the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I'm not the type of kid who sits there and takes whatever words are thrown at my face when they're unfair. I needed to do something about it and that's exactly what Grace and I did. We worked even harder and decided to ignore the negative words that were thrown at us. I for one, do not think that Grace and I have failed. This project has taught me to be a stronger person each and every day. It's taught me to learn from my mistakes. There's one important thing that I would say is the most important though. Everyone fails. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone regrets. But isn't that what makes us human?

No comments:

Post a Comment